between the International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas and the Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion on the establishment and operation of the "International Centre for Dense Magnetised Plasmas"
The International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas and Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion, coming out of the fact that:
have agreed as follows:
Article I "Establishment of the Centre"
1. It is established the "International Centre for Dense Magnetised Plasmas" (hereinafter referred to as the "Centre") as a laboratory dedicated to science, education and technology transfer, operating at the Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion (hereinafter referred to as the "Institute") in accordance with Polish law.
2. The laboratory with 1 MJ Plasma Focus facility is placed at the Centre's disposal.
Article II "Objectives of Activities of the Centre"
1. The main tasks of the Centre are:
2. To this effect the Centre will carry out the following activities:
3. The Centre will arrange agreements on bilateral and/or multilateral collaboration with other laboratories and institutions. The agreements have to be accepted by partners according to their national rules. Joint research programmes of the Centre and the partners will be approved by the International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas on a regular basis.
4. The Centre shall not be considered as constituting a part of, and agent for, UNESCO, and shall not carry out any activities contrary to the principles of UNESCO.
Article III "Organisation"
The Centre will have: a) the Director, b) the Scientific Committee.
Article IV "Scientific Committee"
1. The role of the Scientific Committee shall be performed by the International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas.
2. The functions of the Scientific Committee shall be:
3. The Scientific Committee shall adopt its own rules of procedure, which shall specify, inter alia, the frequency of the meeting and the methods of its decision-making.
Article V "The Director and the Staff"
1. The Director of the Centre shall be appointed by the Scientific Committee, from among persons of recognised competence and possessing the qualifications required for appointment to academic posts. The Director is paid by his/her mother institution and has his/her site in the Centre.
2. The Director is the chief administrator and representative of the Centre. The Director:
3. The Director may appoint a Deputy to help with management of the Centre and to take all discretion and duties in case of Director's absence, impeachment, death or long term illness. The Deputy is paid by his/her mother institution.
4. The Director of the Institute appoints the Secretariat to ensure for the Director of the Centre as well as for the whole Centre the administrative and organisational assistance.
5. Scientists and researchers, both from Poland and from other countries, remain in the staff of their mother institutions and are paid by their mother institutions.
6. The Centre provides budget for visiting-professor-ships, post-doc fellowships as well as PhD fellowships and student scholarships in the Centre. Honorary positions will also be granted.
7. Scientific and administrative travels of the Centre representatives will be covered from the Centre budget.
Article VI "Financial Arrangements"
1. The resources necessary for the activities of the Centre shall consist of the contribution allocated by the "International Centre for Dense Magnetised Plasma Foundation" (hereinafter referred to as the "Foundation").
2. The Institute shall provide the Centre with the necessary infrastructure (electricity, heating, water supply) and assistance (technical staff, secretariat, etc.) and shall ensure the whole functioning of the Centre according to Polish law (supervision of safety measures, security, insurance, etc.). The contribution of the Institute will be provided under a separate contract concluded with the Foundation.
3. The Institute and the Foundation can make arrangements with other authorities or institutions in order to determine their contributions to, or modalities of co-operation with the Centre. The Scientific Committee shall be informed of any such arrangement.
4. The Institute, the Foundation and the Scientific Committee will co-operate in order to seek other resources for the activities of the Centre.
Article VII "Amendments"
This Agreement can be amended or complemented by mutual accord, in writing, of the Institute and the International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas.
Article VIII "Supplementary Dispositions"
1. The Institute shall take the required measures to ensure, in accordance with Polish legislation, legal personality for the International Centre for Dense Magnetised Plasmas.
2. The Centre shall organise international meetings of members of the International Scientific Committee, representatives of scientific communities and science funding agencies from countries interested in the Centre activities as well as representatives of UNESCO. All expenditures related to such a venue shall be covered from the Centre's budget.
|On behalf of the International Scientific Committee for Dense Magnetised Plasmas:
|On behalf of the Institute of Plasma Physcis and Laser Microfusion:
Prof. Horacio Bruzzone
dr Zygmunt Składanowski
Warsaw, October 17, 2000